What are your favorite pieces in your summer wardrobe? If your closet is full of shorts, sundresses, and sandals, then it’s just as important to make sure you have the right accessories to finish the look.
Not only is jewelry a great way to add an extra touch of class to your summer outfit, but hats, bags, and sunglasses can also be a nice way to improve your overall look.
Additionally, wearing sunglasses during the summer months (and throughout the year) is an important step to protect your health and eyes.
Why You Should Wear Sunglasses More Often
How often do you wear sunglasses when you are outside? Learn more about the health benefits of sunglasses and you’ll see why it’s a good idea to wear them more often.
- Protect Your Eyes from UV Rays: Did you know that the risk of certain diseases increases with sun exposure? For example, avoiding UV exposure can potentially reduce the risk of macular degeneration, glaucoma, and cataracts. Plus, you can protect the skin around your eyes to reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Keep Dust Out of Your Eyes: When you are outside, and the wind kicks up, there is a risk of dust and dirt flying into your eyes. Not only can it be painful, but dirt in the eyes can cause scratches or even permanent damage. Wearing sunglasses is an important step to keep the sand, dirt, and dust out.
- Better Vision: The right pair of sunglasses can enhance your vision and help you enjoy the beauty all around. For example, some patients invest in prescription lenses to wear sunglasses and maintain clear vision. Also, polarized lenses improve contrast and color while also reducing glare as you are looking around.
- Safer Driving: It’s a good idea to wear sunglasses when you are driving. By minimizing the glare and protecting your eyes from the sun, you can ensure your safety on the road because you have the clearest vision possible.
- Style Benefits: There’s no question that a good pair of sunglasses is a stylish way to add an extra accessory to your outfit. Look for different colors, sizes, and shapes that suit your unique preferences.
Quality Sunglasses from the Eye Care Experts
Do you need a new pair of sunglasses? Or, maybe it’s time to schedule an eye examination. For more information, contact our team at Temecula Creek Optometry. We are here to help: (951) 302 -1331.